Case Study / Mingara Recreation Club, NSW
Independent data logging has shown that by simply replacing 4 old air conditioning units in their Gaming Area with new, energy efficient ActronAir air conditioners, the Mingara Recreation Club is now enjoying the following improvements:
- Better energy efficiency: Energy consumption on the four sub-mains reduced by 202 kWhs a day, a drop of 35%.
- Better peak performance: A 12% reduction in demand at peak, which delivers a further savings from Mingara’s peak capacity charge.
- Better gaming area performance: A 25% reduction in the amount that the Gaming Area contributed to whole-of-site energy consumption, with a 35% reduction in Gaming Area average daily consumption cost.
- Better when it’s hot: The ActronAir systems delivered the above results in a time frame that was 5.6°C hotter than the conditions the old systems were tested in.
- Better spare capacity: The ActronAir systems freed up 22.3 amps per phase at maximum load. The surplus amps can now be used elsewhere, reducing the need for future upgrades to the mains board or the sub-mains board which saves thousands of dollars.