Contractor Tim Dunbar of Dunbar Electrical, who specialises in custom residential and light commercial projects, approached Darren Hill from our South Australia branch about a project for a new Vet Clinic in Wayville S.A.
On meeting with Tim and looking at the proposed extension it was apparent that one of the main requirements was the ability to deliver different temperature requirements, for which the award-winning QUE was a great solution.
With the heat load requirement of 17 kW (front) and 14 kW (rear), the CRQ3-17AS / ERQ3-17AS and CRQ2-14AS / ERQ2-14AS were ultimately selected.
With varying usage in the areas, working alongside Tim we worked out a suggested control layout for units, with a variety of control methods being used;
- Rooms using our QZW-100 room controllers, providing the ultimate in control while allowing the doctors to control the temperature from within the rooms
- Other areas that required control used sensors (QSW-10), allowing for a simple temperature adjustment from the master controller.
- The larger common areas used the master controller for a simple on/off control of the space.
Dunbar Electrical performed a quality install with a commercial flair, using hard drawn copper between the outdoor and indoor unit, with quality ductwork and commercial registers used throughout.
Darren was involved in the final handover to the client alongside Tim, ensuring that our commitment to the project was demonstrated throughout the process. The owners of the veterinary clinic, their doctors and staff were very pleased with the controls compared to their old system.
Not only were they happy with the looks of the QUE complementing the old historical building at the front, but with the modern extension to the rear. The additional features have made this system function like a high end BMS system, giving them excellent value for money.
Some of the options and uses so far have included:
- Peace of mind that their special patients are being kept at the appropriate temperature regardless of the temperature outside
- The ability to control their zones via the QUE Connect app, allowing them to adjust individual rooms settings and control both units from the one app.
- The schedule enables them to start the units in the reception area for the staff, who start at 7.30am. This means no waiting for the very grand reception area of the old house to get to temperature when they arrive, instead they arrive to conditioned comfort by scheduling the system to being operating half an hour before they arrive.
- They also can make use of the ‘away’ mode over the weekend or at night to keep areas to a more economical temperature, which saves energy and ensures that their conditioned zones will quickly get to set point by using the setback mode.
This project represents the ideal use of our QUE in a commercial project, offering the client features and benefits only found in much larger, more complex, and more expensive VRF systems.
Well done, Darren and Dunbar Electrical!